Goth girls and boys can be pretty badass but hard to shop for at the same time! That doesn’t mean you skimp out on getting them a great gift this season.
Some of the most beloved characters that have embodied the Goth spirit as seen in classic movies and television shows like Beetlejuice, The Addams Family, The Crow, NCIS, The Breakfast Club, South Park and more.
While the category is broad, there are so many options to give your Goth buddy a gift they will truly treasure, even if they might not show it.
Let’s take a deeper look at the Goth subculture.
What is Goth?
A musical movement, or a distinct fashion style, Gothic folk are personified by their punk outlook on life and edgy exterior. Some also consider it alternative wear and style, which is slowly becoming more mainstream.
May 22nd the annual celebration for World Goth Day.
Historically gothic culture began in Europe, exemplified in their art and architecture. The early wave of punk music by notable musicians such as David Bowie, Alice Cooper, The Banshees, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails and more spread the sub-culture even more.
Dark souls who have desk jobs during the day flourish as corp. Goths and they make it work!
What do Goths love?
Some key fashion choices that Goths have stuck to throughout the ages are all-black attire, leather ensembles, fishnets, black lace, edgy boots and more.
You can think beyond fashion and gift the beloved Goth in your life the following gifts.
The right jewelry for a Goth friend can be gender-neutral but very specific. It should be edgy and complement a completely black outfit. Silver is a popular choice and can be incorporated in the following:
- Skull necklaces
- Skull rings
- Lace collars
Goth Interior Décor
Find unique pieces that complement the dark interior design. Black is the most ideal go-to option but you can add dark colors in the mix such as red, burgundy, dark blue, etc.
- Look for throw pillows, comforters or lamps for bedrooms.
- Sculptures or smaller ornaments that follow themes of bats, crows, cats work too.
- Scented candles are always welcome.
- Trinket boxes to keep on the bedside made of metal also work well with their outfit.
Goth outfits need the right accessories to complete the look. This can include:
- Bags: crossbody, or totes work best as long as it has spikes and even prints of early goth bands are a great idea.
- Scarves: boldly printed scarves are ideal to add to their outfit choices. It’s also a super versatile accessory that can be paired with any outfit.
- Cosplay contacts: some goth people never step out without their spooky colored contacts. It really helps to make a statement and is ideal for the holiday season.
- Studded belts: Buckles which are bold and dark with emblems of skulls and other Goth symbols tie the whole look together.
Need a one-stop solution for your alternative wear needs? Head over to Panties and Pumps the online store, for all kinds of accessories, including legwear, hats, bags and more. For more information contact them.