Leaving your pet behind on a trip or vacation, whether short or long, is a tough thing to do. For most people, pets are like their children. They simply want the best for their furry little companions. According to research, 67% of households in the United States have a pet. Furthermore, dogs and cats are the most common pets out of all. A report in 2017 reveals, 48 million households in the United States had at least 1 pet dog, and 38 Million households had at least 1 pet cat. Since these pets are so common, there are a lot of pet sitting and pet boarding services available. The question is: what’s the better option? Let’s look at the pros and cons of pet sitting and pet boarding compared to each other.
- Your cat or dog is at home, comfortable in its environment. It doesn’t have to adjust to another place.
- Since your pet is mostly at home, there are little to no risks of it catching infections, allergies, or diseases.
- There are no other pets for the pet sitter to interact or play with, hence your pet(s) gets undivided and individual attention from the pet sitter.
- Pet sitters can recognize and react to emergencies comparatively quicker than pet boarding.
- Pet sitting is usually more expensive than pet boarding.
- If your pet isn’t very fond of strangers, it won’t be a very pleasant experience for both your pet and the pet sitter.
- Pet boarding is less expensive than pet sitting.
- Your cat or dog has a chance to socialize with other cats and dogs in the facility.
- You’ll be dealing with professionally trained employees and staff.
- There is a risk of your pet catching a disease or an infection from other pets.
- Your pet might get stressed due to a change in environment and surroundings. It might not get along with other pets.
- Your pet won’t be getting individual attention, as there are many other pets to be taken care of.
- The risk of an accident is always present since there are several pets and the full working staff isn’t available 24/7.
Do keep into consideration these pros and cons when opting for a particular service. If you’re looking for pet sitting services in Lakeland, look no further! Happy Critters Pet Walking offers a variety of services. Dog walking, pet pick-up, and drop-off are two of their popular services. You can book their overnight pet stay service, or pet sitting for a longer period, without any worries. They are professionals and ensure your pet is getting well fed and taken care of. Contact them here to book your desired service.