home-remodeling

A Home Builder’s Perspective on a Complete Kitchen Remodel

“The kitchen is the heart of the home.”

This saying holds true for many a household—the kitchen is the place to cook, eat, gather around and talk for residents and visitors both.

So keeping a kitchen fresh is essential to maintaining energy within the household. Of course, if finance wasn’t a consideration, we all would be following the latest trends in kitchen design.

However, the kitchen is one of the most expensive parts of the house to remodel due to its combination of plumbing fixtures and electrical appliances. Today, we’ll be discussing some of the financial aspects of kitchen remodeling.

Demolition

If you’re handy with tools and are confident in your own ability to demolish, you can save some money before the remodeling starts by handling the demolishing part yourself.

Keep in mind that you have to be careful, as destroying the wrong plumbing or electrical parts will cost you more money and time to boot.

Design

While you could design the new kitchen yourself and save on the cost of a designer, navigating tricky kitchen design problems is part of their job. So if the budget allows it, you should hire a professional that you feel will match your vision to design your kitchen.

Food Costs

Part of remodeling a kitchen is having a limited cooking ability for the duration of the renovation. For this reason, the household will be subsisting on a lot more prepared foods or restaurant meals. You should factor this added cost of food into your budget.

Expected and the Unexpected

Figure out the percentage of your budget that will get tied down with cabinetry, appliances, fixtures, construction (if expanding) and labor. Following the 20% rule; this cost should add up to of 80% of your budget. The remaining 20% you’ll want to keep aside for any unexpected costs that might be incurred during the project.

Prioritize

Once you’ve made a budget and planned on changes you want to make, order these by priority so in the unlikely event that you’re faced with the aforementioned unexpected costs at least you will have the top priority things on your list done. Figure out lower cost alternatives to any items that are low on your priority list.

remodeling-home-renovation

Kitchen remodeling is a costly undertaking, it can take anywhere from $5,000 to upwards for $100,000 for the most high-level remodels. But on average, kitchen remodeling can cost somewhere between $25,000 and$50,000. By following our tips, you can save money and make sure you get a good return on your investment.

If you’re in Red River Parish or surrounding areas and considering remodeling your kitchen, get in touch with Showcase Homes and Remodeling. They’re a remodeling company with upwards of 30 years of experience and experts at providing remodel that suit your goals as well as budgets.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *