Have you ever been injured at a job?
Every year, thousands of Americans get injured while working in industrial companies. A lot of these injuries can be fatal, but even those that aren’t can lead to some severe long-term damages. As an employee, it’s your legal right to get compensated for your work-related injuries, which is where workers’ compensation insurance comes into play.
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance policy that entitles employees to some type of compensation for injuries they’ve suffered as a direct result of their job. An employee can subscribe to workers’ compensation benefits only if their employer has workers’ comp insurance.
In Texas, employers are not legally required to have this type of insurance coverage. However, an employee can still sue their employer for work-related injuries. In case an employee chooses to claim compensatory benefits from their employer, they can no longer sue them except in special cases.
What Makes You Eligible for Workers’ Comp Benefits?
Understandably, you might not always be eligible to receive workers’ comp benefits as per your employers’ insurance policy. You must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to be able to claim the benefits of this type of insurance.
- Your injury occurred at work
- Your illness or disease was realized due to your work
- You incurred some monetary losses as a result of the work-related injury
- You were unable to work because of the work-related injury
- You reported the injury to your employer within 30 days
- You appealed the first impairment rating within 90 days
- You filed the paperwork within a year
You can’t claim workers’ comp insurance benefits if your injury can’t be directly linked with your job. Other factors that make you ineligible are:
- If your injury was caused due to horseplay with other employees
- If there were willful criminal acts involved
- If you injured yourself
- If the injury can be considered an act of God
- If you willingly participated in off-duty activities that caused the injury
How Can You Get Workers’ Comp Insurance in San Angelo, TX?
There are great insurance companies that can help you get workers’ comp insurance in San Angelo, TX, such as San Angelo Insurance & Fast Tax.
The company has been helping San Angelo residents get cheap insurance coverage for many years. You can reach out to them for various kinds of independent insurance services, including auto insurance, life insurance, and renters insurance.
You can contact them to get a quote today.