Laying your luxury watch flat against a tabletop or wrapping it around your wrist may appear harmless at the moment, but it’s building up towards everlasting damage. Therefore, you need to clean your timepiece every few months to remove the oils and dirt it’s accumulated over during that time.
Here’s how to go about cleaning your luxury timepiece.
Cleaning Metal Bracelet Watches
Luxury watches may be touted as water-resistant, but that only applies to their functions. When your wrist accessory has a metal bracelet, it’s in constant contact with your body oils, sweat, and surrounding humidity.
If you think wearing it out less is a solution, just look at stainless steel. The metal literally needs oxygen to not develop rust because it’s got a layer of chromium oxide in it. So, you have to take it out of the box once in a while to make sure it doesn’t lose its lustre.
Here’s how to clean a watch with a metal gold, silver, or steel strap.
- Wipe the dial, in a circular motion, with a microfibre cloth and some glass cleaner.
- Remove the strap and saturate it in some warm soap and water solution. Be sure to use a gentle soap with no oils.
- Take a soft brush and scrub the strap while it’s in the water.
- Take it out, and pat with a microfibre cloth.
- Let it air-dry.
Cleaning Leather Bracelet Watches
Leather isn’t exactly immune to what plagues its metal mate. Moisture from sweat, body oils and spray chemicals does turn it into a bit of a dog’s breakfast à la dry cracks and thinning. Therefore, cleaning it with liquids is a bit tricky, to say the least.
To start with, don’t wear a leather strap watch when you know you’re going to be doing a lot of sweating, like when setting off for a round of footy.
Try to avoid cleaning if you can, but take the following precautions when you must.
- With a non-abrasive cloth, wipe off the visible dirt.
- Squirt a specialized cleaner on another cloth and wipe to soften the stubborn debris.
- Let it air-dry.
- Follow the aforementioned drill with the dial face and back.
Ready to Care for A Belle Noir Watch?
If you store your watch in a multi-watch case, be sure to clean it at least once a month with a gentle cleaner, and make sure it’s dry before you restore your luxury timepieces in it.
Now, then, are you sure you have what it takes to buy luxury watches online? If you answered in the affirmative, head over to Tee Tree Watches, where they’ve got leather and metal bracelet watches at affordable rates.
Check out their Belle collection, and buy a gorge luxury timepiece online.