There’s something about clean windows; they make your whole house sparkle! This is because windows are the focal point of the house’s curb appeal. One little streak, scratch, or spot, and the whole place feels unkempt and untidy.
We completely trust your cleaning skills and understand how hard you try to scrub off any signs of debris from your window, but a little extra help never hurt anyone. So ease your ‘pane’ with these do’s and don’ts by the experts at Chicago’s top window washing service.
To Do or Not To Do
- Do clean the house before starting work on the windows. This is because even the slightest vacuum job can spit out countless dust particles in the air, causing debris to stick to the windows. Also, make sure to clean the blinds or sunscreens before cleaning the windows to avoid making them dirty again.
- Don’t begin with the windows’ glass. Always start by vacuuming out the grime in the frame and sills of the window. When the dry debris is out of the way, clean the channels with a wet sponge dipped in soapy water.
- Do make sure that you keep a towel underneath the pane to catch any excess dripping water that may otherwise harm the paint on the walls or wooden frames surrounding the window.
- Don’t try to use any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials on the glass to avoid scratches. Using eco-friendly and non-toxic traditional solutions such as vinegar and or water mixed with a dash of dish washing liquid.
- Do clean the glass when it’s cloudy. Sun makes detecting streaks harder, so chances are if it’s sunny outside, you may miss residues here and there. Sun can also dry the water sprayed on windows quickly, which means you’ll end up with unwanted stains.
- Don’t use newspaper, rags, or towel to clean windows as they can leave behind particles, and the chemicals in newspapers can damage the glass with ink smudges, making them appear dirty.
Do make sure to get your windows cleaned regularly but don’t risk your safety. Professional window washing services are recommended because climbing on the ladder, using complicated tools and solutions to clean the windows is both harmful for the glass as well as dangerous for you.
Since windows are exposed to harsh elements, regular maintenance is crucial to keep them functional and in good shape. Smiling Windows can help you clean all debris accumulation from the tracks, sills and also provide skylights cleaning,pressure washing, windows screen repair, storm window washing, and more.
Ultimately, you can save time, effort, and money with seasonal deals at Chicago’s top-rated residential window washing services. Call at 708-639-2315 to schedule an inspection or get a free quote!